Friday, August 16, 2013

2013 Lutheran Church Wide Assembly

Wow!!!! I have enjoyed the journey at Church Wide in Pittsburgh. It has been a week of wonder and suspense.  The big news of course – Bishop Elect Eaton!  P.S. I am from the NE Ohio Synod and she has been a strong leader for our synod for many years. This of course means I was possibly holding my breath all day on Wednesday during elections! The lack of air all paid off as I watched with tears as Bishop Elizabeth Eaton made her official first speech as Presiding Bishop Elect!

I must say a word of gratitude to Presiding Bishop Hanson!  He has done an amazing ministry guiding us through the worst years in the ELCA’s history. His work with the youth in this church has been exceptional! He has worked in every way to support the ministry of youth in this church. I take great pride in accepting his challenge made to all of us during Church Wide. His challenge… each of us should find three of our youth and support them. We need to thank these young leaders for their spirituality and individual gifts. Then be their mentors, guides, and spiritual support. This is a wonderful challenge and needs to be taken very seriously.

The second big news! Thank you to Augsburg Fortress Publishing for releasing the Evangelical Book of Prayer for the Armed Forces. It was an honor to purchase one and will be a treasured resource and gift for many years to come. As a Lutheran Military Wife, I can affirm how important this book is for all branches! It is strongly encouraged for everyone to order them and keep then for a resource in your churches, gifts to your military soldiers, and honored veterans.

This week it has been an honor to get to meet so many, reminisce with old friends this weekend, and a very key person in my spiritual journey that I have not seen in 15 years.  God works in mysterious and glorious ways! I thank all them for the blessings of their presence this weekend and encouragement as we all continue on our journeys in life!

25 Years ELCA! We have a lot To Be Proud Of!  

No comments:

Post a Comment