Tuesday, May 7, 2013


This week I had the wonderful opportunity to ride across the battlefield on horseback. I was honored to have my parents along with me for this experience. It was a personal goal to do this at the end of my first year at seminary.

The day was the most beautiful sunny day with not a cloud int he sky. As I found myself in the middle of the field my mind reflected on many things. That 150 years ago there were horse riders in the fields who had no clue what was about to occur there 2 months later. How on July 1st, 150 years ago the devastation, pain, and loss felt in this now current place.

Personally, I am reminded how many blessings have been bestowed over me this year. That even though it has been a difficult year for Ed, Hunter, and I, that we have each other. His love, strength, and friendship is what reminds us how I will be honored to spend the rest of my life with him. I am thankful for all my family and friends who have shown support and always were behind me this year through all of my decisions and adventures.

I thank God for all the blessings throughout this year. Every day has been a learning experience and I can not wait to start my education at CPE (Geisinger Hospital) this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment