Sunday, August 23, 2015

Soda, Pop, Coke, or Soda Pop



August 13 = The official day I decided to go soda free

Soda Free = Week and a half


As some of you have been following, I am on a new adventure to become healthy. One of the first steps (no pun intended) was to begin walking more. The new goal includes giving up one of my favorite weaknesses…soda, pop, coke, or soda pop…whatever the kids are calling it these days. So far so good! I intentionally chose to quite my favorite sugary goodness during vacation. This gave me the opportunity to just say NO in some of the hardest times.  

Example 1: While traveling through the Pa Grand Canyon we found my favorite drink ever…Pennsylvania Bear Run White Birch Bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so hard to say no when I only get this drink every several years.  


Example 2: During a retreat this week we were answering questions to get to know each other....it was the hardest most famous question…(What is your favorite Pepsi or Coca-Cola.

Our society has so much soda in it! Until I refused to drink it, I never even noticed. Like when I went to Walmart this week and tried to get a drink out of the cooler. The only option was some form of soda or water. Period.

On an awesome note: While on vacation, I hiked to the bottom of the Pa Grand Canyon and BACK UP! Very proud of myself.


Blessings to each of your journeys today! I would love to hear your stories about giving something difficult up.

No comments:

Post a Comment