Tuesday, May 6, 2014


Today I reflect on how special the women in my life are. I walked to the mail box as I do every day only to find three cards! I never get mail so this is spectacularly special! They were so beautiful and show how great life can be at times. Three women from three different places all sent me cards without knowing the other ones did. However, they are the prettiest colors purple, and pink, and baby pink! The Dark purple one is from my mother. She gave me life and has taught me how to be a grown up woman full of strength, love, and so much more. The second...from my grandmother. This summer I got to spend a few months with her and my step grandfather Joe. This was a grand time to bond and reflect on how much she has taught me. The third, the best surprise. From my (adopted grandmother) Betty! She sent me a card of encouragement without even knowing it was my birthday. Betty was my neighbor growing up and taught me about life, sewing, piano, and God! She is a wonderful role model and I miss her greatly. What a wonderful gift they have given me in just a little card. Such surprises and little gifts we get in life. Like the rain outside filling the ground with moisture so needed today, or the laughter of friends having dinner in the kitchen, or the memories of all the wonderful times with these phenomenal women.

No comments:

Post a Comment