Tuesday, May 6, 2014

 
Family is so important. Today, I said goodbye to my Aunt. At one point we knew it was coming because she had been suffering from cancer. However, I was not as prepared for her death as I thought. It was so sad to see her one last time. I broke down at the casket. Was it saying goodbye for the last time? Was it seeing pictures of my grandmother on the screen in the front of the room, or was it seeing her children and grandchildren (my cousin pictured above) Could it have been the joy of watching all the brothers of my father standing together talking and enjoying time together.
 
Looking at their differences and similarities I realized how little they get to see each other. Yet, they are so much alike. How much DNA is really important. God has created each one of us so different yet so much the same.
 
Today I realized something very important about family. We are all so blessed by having life. I feel there is a lot of children in this world who need a better life or families to call their own. A family. Love. The emotions that have been welling up today. Wow. You can find such important revelations in the oddest places.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment