Monday, December 22, 2014


I have been blessed to be in Fremont, Ohio! It has been wonderful to see God throughout the congregation. God is working in so many ways throughout the community. It has been an honor to be present during several baptisms, and getting to know the new members. It has been an honor to be present with families during funerals, to visit the sick and home bound, and visit at the hospitals. It has been a great opportunity to serve as worship leader.
            There are many ministry and program opportunities throughout the congregation and community. It has been an amazing journey to work with all our partners through L.I.F.T (5 Lutheran Churches in Fremont working together) and the future Bridge of Hope (Worship Community for Hispanic Ministry with United Methodist Church and ELCA).
            Throughout the last few months, I have been able to be able to be part of the Vision 2025 (Planning where the church can be in 10 years) meetings. I was able to participate in several different committees. It is very difficult to look into the future; however I have been impressed by the planning and analyzing which have happened. God is truly flowing through the church.
            In the short time here, I have had the opportunities to participate in different ways with: Love Your Neighbor Day, Joint Veterans Day Service, Joint staff meetings, synod meetings, Intern retreats, Fremont Ministry Association meetings, LOMO camp planning, Confirmation camp planning, Hispanic Ministry at Hayes Methodist School Supply Give away, and Alpha Leader, St. John’s School Supply Give away, Joint LIFT Worship/Picnic, led Bible Studies, ate meals with guests at Soup Kitchen
            I have worked with the youth and young adults. This includes organizing the youth service in November, sitting in on the Noah’s Ark board, helped with Children’s Choir, serve as Primary Adult Leader for the National Youth Gathering 2015, participated in the LIFT Lock-in, and worked with the confirmation students as they are learning about their vocation as Christians, give children sermons. 
            My family and I both look forward to the rest of the year in Fremont. Thank you for your support through the journey. It has been a wonderful blessing to be present with everyone and see how God is working daily! 
Grace and peace,
Vicar Erin Marie Burns


Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

No comments:

Post a Comment