Sunday, March 31, 2013

Christ Is Risen!

      It is the evening of Easter Sunday and I am exuberant to get my clothing back! During this particular Lenten season I have participated in a clothing fast. I have learned so much over the last few weeks! Honestly the clothing has been the hardest thing I have ever gave up during lent. During this time, I was restricted to wear only ten items of clothing.
     First, I learned the lesson of how many clothing items I actually own. LOTS! While not being able to wear all the excess clothing has shown me the over abundance of cloths I do own. Many of these cloths, I do not fit in or never wore. Therefore, donations will be made throughout the next few weeks. This will give someone else an opportunity to wear them instead of them sitting in my closet.
      Second, I have learned that a lot of the clothing I do have, does not get worn. This is due to many of my clothing items being impractical. They do not match other items to wear or just not practical for my every day professional life. Yet again, hopefully someone else can benefit.
      Third, I live in an extreme way driving between Youngstown, Greensburg, and Gettysburg. One major complaint from the entire year was how long it took me to pack and clean my dorm room before traveling. What I have found is my room is no longer dirty! Turns out the things which scattered my room consisted of all clothing. I am vowing to make a more distinct effort to keep my clothing where it needs to be to save on time and frustration throughout the week!
      Over all, this was a very enlightening experience. I would recommend it for anyone who wants to test their limits. I thought of all the poor people in this world who only have ten items or less to wear at all. We forget how others struggle and it was a great way for me to see the other side and how difficult it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment